Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Week 12 - More Sitting & Tummy Time

This week I'm trying to get Arya to sit more and spend more time on his tummy. I feel bad making him play with only a couple toys while he lays on his back, so I feel that it's time to be more interactive with him and get him to do more big boy stuff.





Here is a picture of him on his tummy playing with this bear he really loves. And another one of him sitting but bored so he is playing with his hands. :)
I have to say some of these toy inventions are amazing. They really get babies attention.

We are also trying very hard to get him to like the crib or his bassinet. However unsuccessful in the evening, I am trying it more in the day time so that he can become more familiar with it and like it...as for now he is chumming up between us in our ever so small queen bed :)



One other thing new that's started last week is the drooling. It is getting more and more lately...I know it's sloppy, but I have to say, I love it :)

3 comments:

Shirin Modaresi said...

It took a little adjustment (mostly for us) to move Cyrus from our room to his own room and crib. However, it was really the best thing we did for everyone's sleep cycles.
He's done really well sleeping in a quieter, darker room all by himself. He never seemed to mind, although it was scary for me at first to not be in the same room as him. He went from waking me up 3 times a night (at least) to waking me up only about 1 times a night. It was a good change.
Good luck. He'll get used to it!
-Shirin

Arya's Mom (Author) said...

Thanks Shirin. So far we have been unsuccessful. He knows the difference when we put him in there and cries. Do you have any suggestions?

Shirin Modaresi said...

Well, he didn't like it at earlier times when we'd put him in his crib for his nap, but the night we made the transition, it went smoothly. We did sleep in the guest/baby room for a few nights so we were in the same room with him as he slept in the crib before we moved back to our room. Maybe he heard our breathing?
Keep trying. Good luck,
-Shirin