Sunday, January 18, 2009

Co-Sleeping with Arya

24wks_12.12.08.3
I thought I'd talk about a topic that hasn't yet been discussed : co-sleeping. We started Arya in a bassinet and then found out that he didn't like it anymore. So we tried to have him sleep between us at night. That worked for him but as much as we love to snuggle with him, it's a bit difficult for us in our utterly small queen size bed. Then we decided to put him in the bassinet again but found he could roll off it. So back to our bed it was. Some nights I cannot feel my arm and Ali has kinks in his neck and back at times due to the positions we must get used to. After really feeling the suffering we decided to bring the pack and play and use it for him. That worked for 1 night and 1 night only. Then back to our bed again. Now it has come to the point that he wakes us up by head bunting our faces with his head. Ouch! I got it in the chin and nose and Ali has gotten it everywhere else. So with this said, Feb 1st, Arya is going to move into his own room and crib. We will stay with him a few nights to get him accustomed to it. But we have to move on and he is growing anyway. Hope it will work. And maybe we can all finally get some sleep again !!!!!
Here are some pics from 29 weeks !

All dressed up!
Photobucket

Sleepy but hungry!
Photobucket

With Daee Kami and Papa
Photobucket

1 comment:

Gabriel Beal said...

I love that first picture of him standing in the chair. He looks so handsome.
Yeah, I'm with you on the co-sleeping issues. I know Cyrus seems to like to snuggle with us at times (I often bring him into the bed in the middle of the night for nursing easily), but we, as a family, don't sleep very well with him in our bed. For one thing, Gabriel is a very deep sleeper, so I feel responsible for being the watchdog, ie: no sleep. Secondly, I too get a numb arm from him head on my arm and therefore, no sleep. And finally, he sometimes is much more wakeful because he decides it's playtime with mommy and daddy at 4 AM. In short, I think he sleeps best in his crib. Babies all get used to it eventually, and he actually got used to it in 1 or 2 days (at 2-3 months old).
So, good luck. Right now we are working on Cyrus learning to fall asleep by himself, and that is involving some crying too. Gabriel is in the room with him while he does it, so hopefully he'll know we still love him, even if we can't always be holding him.
You guys are doing what's right for everyone in the family and you both count too...you need to sleep to be a good mommy! :)
Good luck,
-Shirin