Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Week 6 - Another growth spurt week

So far I have encountered 1 really crazy week where I spent the entire day and night feeding Arya and I literally thought something was wrong with my milk supply because he was in constant demand of food. That was in week 3. And it really took a toll on me. Now in week 6 it has happened again, only now I'm aware that these so called "Growth Spurt " weeks are normal and they occur every 3 weeks or so it seems. I'm a little more prepared this time at 6 weeks and decided to use a couple feedings with formula when i'm absolutely exhausted. It has helped a little but i'm still exhausted. The good news is it is helping Arya grow quickly and gain a bunch of weight.

This week he is being more and more excited to try and grab objects. I added a video in the videos section for those who like to watch.




3 comments:

Saeed said...

I watched the video, it seems that the poor little fellow works so hard trying to reach the danagling toy. His legs are going also, as if he were trying to kick somebody's butt in frustration. If he could talk, I believe he would be saying something like the following: "Why the heck does somebody not place the darn toy closer to my hands? Hey, what is everybody doing watching me struggle, instead of helping me?" For a five week old baby, Arya jooneh aziz seems to be ahead of his developmental stage. Excellent. I enjoyed watching the video, and even more so writing in his behalf.

Arya's Mom (Author) said...

You made me laugh so hard Daee joon. And you are probably right! :) hehehee

Gabriel Beal said...

Cyrus did that too, for what seemed like weeks. Lately, it's a little better, but I also feel like he eats more often when I'm around just because he likes to nurse. Oh well...I'm sure it'll get better when he's eating solids in a few months.
-Shirin