Monday, January 16, 2012

Arya's begins Kung Fu

We began Arya with a play class a few months ago but noticed his challenges weren't met. He was also not being able to interact with other kids as much as we liked. Since he is at home all day we wanted him to do something more worth while. So after doing research we found this place to be the best suited for his needs. Eastern Ways Martial Arts - Kung Fu. They teach Choy Li Fut Kung Fu. Here is some info about it: Info It is an ancient form of Kung Fu, and this place has instructors with direct lineage which get their training also from China. So hopefully it will be beneficial. The only downside to this place is that it's not like all the other commercial karate places. Parents cannot sit and watch their kids practice. They have a rule against that because they want the kids to have more focus into what they are learning and not attention to what the parents are doing. Good for them but sad for us because I really want to see. But I do sneak around the corner and hopefully they won't say anything while we watch.

Photobucket

This is Arya after his first 1/2 hour of private training and taking a break before the group class begins.

I am going to put a couple videos and a direct link with a lot more on the right of the blog named "Kung Fu" if you want to see more.

Here is a view of his private lesson:



Here is a view of his group class today.



So proud of you my son, you did amazing for your first day. I know it was too much to take in but you did great and I know it will only get better. I Love you so much.

2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

That is so awesome and he looks so cute. I would love to get Cyrus in Kung-Fu classes. -Gabriel

Arya's Mom (Author) said...

Thanks Gabriel. I think Cyrus would do great especially since you were in martial arts already.